Banner Edited

Banner Edited

Friday, April 22, 2011

Thankful

Today I am thankful that my daughter is excited about homeschooling. One of our concerns with pulling her out of public school was that she would miss that time with her friends. It helps that her cousins are being homeschooled too and they live nearby. That was our biggest reservation with regard to the decision to homeschool: Missing out on the whole 'school' experience. While some of public school can be downright AWFUL, there are some good things that she will miss out on. The benefits of homeschooling, for our family, far outweighs any of these experiences. She only has 18 more days of public school left, then summer. We are going to do a little bit of school stuff this summer, and we'll officially start in the fall. 
I've got a desk in mind for her that I'm going to paint, and we've got an antique cabinet that used to be in my Grandparents' house to hold our homeschool stuff. The 'school room' is in our living room. I'll post pictures when we get things set up.
I think my 3yo son will love having 'Sissy' home. He asks about her during the day and absolutely adores spending time with her. (I'm not sure the feeling is always mutual though :)
 I've got my core curriculum and have a few things in mind for extras if we feel we have time. I'll take it easy to start with though. There is so much that I WANT to do. I'm trying to be VERY realistic in my estimations of how much time this is going to consume. Once we get into the swing of things we'll try adding things like music and a foreign language. There is going to be an art class at my church next fall that I'll take her to. Little Man is a little young for it. That's all for now. More thoughts to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment