Banner Edited

Banner Edited

Thursday, May 17, 2012

AND... We're done.

We actually got done last Wednesday, but I'm just now getting around to posting about it. The school year is officially over. I have survived my first year of homeschooling and will be doing things a lot differently next year. Mainly, the curriculum. I ended up having a strong dislike for the 'package' we chose for this year. Next year will be filled with a lot more lapbooks and activities like that. That's how my daughter learns best. At least now I know.
 For the little boy: This summer I'm going to be doing Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. I will also be reading him lots and lots of books.
For the girl: She is going to do a summer reading program and practice math a few times a week.
For the baby: Teach him the meaning of no. That's my goal.
I am relieved to be done. We've got a lot going on right now, and the stress of everything was wearing on me a little. This Saturday we are having a yard sale. We are thinking of putting our house on the market. It's a lot for me to think about right now, for various reasons. But, there you go. The year is through. Now, I've got to plan an 'end of the year' party for our EKWP group.  Maybe I'll think about that after the yard sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment